to start planning your schedule for the upcoming semester.
Top 10 Registration Tips
- Know when to register, wait list, repeat courses, pay tuition/fees and make late schedule changes. See: Registration Calendar.
- Activate your CSUN user ID and password to access self-service registration through myNorthridge Portal. Read: Security Tips.
- Clear holds that may prevent you from enrolling in classes, including the Title IX "Not Anymore" hold.
- Make every unit count! See an academic advisor or . Plan ahead using degree planning tools.
- Understand academic policies for attendance, course requisites, credit/no credit grading, maximum unit load, repeating courses, and withdrawing.
- Use Class Search to preview classes months before enrollment begins. Access Class Search from the CSUN home page (no login required), through myNorthridge Portal (log in), or in the CSUN Mobile App.
- Use the to generate schedules for the classes you want, choose a desired schedule and send it to your enrollment shopping cart, and/or fit a new class into your schedule. The Registration Planner Guide has more information on how to use this tool.
- Begin registering when your enrollment appointment arrives and thereafter. Add, drop or swap classes online during registration periods.
- Drop classes you no longer want during the first three weeks of instruction to avoid getting a grade of “WU” (unauthorized withdrawal), which counts as an “F” in GPA calculation. Formal, written approval is required to change your schedule beginning with Week 4. For withdrawal and refund information, see Late Add-Drop Classes.
- Check your account balance whenever you add/drop classes. Pay tuition and other fees before the deadlines published in the Fee Payment Schedule. Helpful: View My Student Account Information Guide and Important Fee Payment Requirements (.pdf)